Casella Wines Rural Women's Award
Submissions to the 2011 Casella Wines Rural Women Awards open on Monday 1 August 2011 and close on Friday 16 September 2011.
The winner of the 2011 Rural Women competition will:
- Be in some way dynamically involved with a rural community from Australia, be it through work in a primary industry, local charity or community group, or by providing an important service for the local area
- Demonstrate a strong sense of commitment and dedication to their cause, often resulting in personal sacrifice for the benefit of others
- Be a strong and positive role model for other women in rural Australia
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and the ability to empower others with their skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate clearly to judges how the grant would be used
- This would be done by providing specific examples of future growth potential and how this growth would, in turn, benefit the community. This could also be explained in a personal way, e.g. ‘This grant would help fulfil my own personal health struggle, which will give me the strength to continue to provide for my family’.
- Be clear and transparent in their justification, and not exceed the word limit excessively. Their contribution must be conveyed to judges in a straightforward and truthful manner, and will be subject to further investigation if necessary.
Six grants to be won:
- One major prize - $10,000
- Five secondary prizes - $2,000 per person